I. TO DOWNLOAD LIGHTSAIL DIRECTLY ONTO YOUR CHROMEBOOK:
- Open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook and visit http://bit.ly/chrome-ls-demo
- Once the page loads, click “Add to Chrome”
- LightSail will begin installing. You may see two downloads occur because LightSail requires the App
- Runtime for Chrome (ARC), which will begin to automatically install if it has not been previously
- After a few minutes, press the Search key (magnifying glass) and then click “All Apps”. LightSail has finished installing once you see the LightSail icon appear.
II. TO PUSH LIGHTSAIL TO YOUR CHROMEBOOKS USING THE CHROME MANAGEMENT CONSOLE:
- Be sure that your devices’ security policies do not restrict private apps or extensions.
- LightSail app ID: nbfaggnhbkhdddbmlmcljofcogkclkge
- Does your device’s security policies permit private apps/extensions to be installed? The early release version of LightSail for Chrome is not yet publicly available on the Chrome Web Store.
- Are the following app/extension IDs approved by your device’s security policies?
• LightSail ID: nbfaggnhbkhdddbmlmcljofcogkclkge
- Has your device been updated with the latest version of Chrome OS?