Problem: You are unable to use the LightSail app, or it’s behaving erratically.
Solution: Delete the LightSail App from the iPad and then reinstall.
Overview of Steps:
– Delete LightSail from the iPad
– Reset all settings through the iPad’s Settings app
– Reinstall LightSail onto the iPad, either through the Apple App Store or through a link
I. Delete the LightSail App from the iPad
1. Tap and hold the LightSail icon until it jiggles and a gray circle with an X appears.
2. Tap on the X. A pop-up box that reads Delete LightSail will appear.
3. Click Delete.
II. Reset Network Settings
1. Tap the iPad Settings icon.
2. Tap General.
3. Scroll down on the right pane until you see Reset. Tap Reset.
4. Select Reset Network Settings. (Note: Do not select Erase All Content and Settings.)
5. A pop-up box that reads Reset Network Settings will appear. Tap Reset.
III. Reinstall LightSail onto the iPad
Go to the Apple App Store (an Apple ID is required).
1. Tap on the icon for the App Store.
2. In the App Store, type LightSail in the search box at the top right corner.
3. Locate LightSail Education. Tap Free. Note: If you have previously used the App Store to install LightSail on this iPad, you will see a small cloud icon. Tap the cloud to install LightSail.
4. The Free button will change to say Install. Tap Install.
5. If prompted, type your Apple ID password.
6. The LightSail app will begin to download immediately.
7. Tap Open. This will take you directly to the LightSail app.
8. Log in and access a book.
Download article below: