Problem: You are unable to use the LightSail app, or it’s behaving erratically.
Solution: Delete the LightSail App from the Android device and then reinstall.
Overview of Steps:
– Delete the LightSail App from the Android Device.
– Adjust Network Settings to Automatic.
– Reinstall LightSail on the Android Device.
I. Delete the LightSail App from the Android Device
1. Tap All Applications on your Home screen to view all of your downloaded applications.
2. Scroll and locate LightSail.
3. Tap and hold on the LightSail application, and then drag it to the Uninstall icon at the top of the screen.
4. Release the LightSail application and tap OK.
II. Adjust Network Settings to Automatic
Doing this will ensure a more reliable Wi-Fi connection.
Prior to adjusting your settings:
– Confirm that your Wi-Fi is turned on and that you are connected to the internet.
– Confirm that Airplane mode is disabled. You can confirm this by opening the Quick Settings
1. Tap and open your device’s Settings application.
2. Locate Wireless & networks and then tap on Wi-Fi.
3. Tap on the Menu icon.
4. Tap on Advanced > Wi-Fi frequency band > Automatic. The setting will automatically save.
III. Reinstall LightSail on the Android Device
A Google Account is required. To create an account visit accounts.google.com and click on Create account.
1. Tap on the icon for the Play Store.
2. In the Play Store, type LightSail in the search box and then tap Search.
3. Tap on LightSail Education in the search results, and then tap on INSTALL.
4. Tap on ACCEPT
5. The LightSail app will begin to download immediately.
6. Once downloaded, confirm your access by logging in and opening a book!
Download article below: