Your LightSail School Folder, which includes logins, e-Library information and weekly data reports, has restricted access to ensure the privacy of student information. If your email address is pre-approved, you will have instant access. If you are using an email that is not yet approved, you’ll need to complete the following steps to gain access.
OPTION 1: USE AN EXISTING GMAIL ACCOUNT
Use this option if you already have a Gmail account you’d like to use.
1. From your Gmail, locate the email that contains the link to the School Folder and click on the link.
2. Hit Request Access. LightSail will receive an email with your request.
3. Once your request has been approved, you will receive an email titled “Invitation to View.” Click Open. (Note that LightSail may request to verify your identity to ensure student privacy.)
OPTION 2: USE A NON-GMAIL EMAIL ACCOUNT
Use this option if you are using an email, such as a Department of Education account, that is not linked to Gmail.
1. From your inbox, locate the email that contains the link to the School Folder and click on the link.
2. You will be prompted to sign in with or create a Google Account. When prompted to choose your username, click I prefer to use my current email address.
3. Once you’ve created and signed in with your Google Account, click Open in the email you received.
4. To view and open your school folder, click Add to Drive and then Open in Drive.