No, cloze assessments cannot be disabled. As a student reads on LightSail and answers the embedded cloze assessments, the app performs an analysis of her performance on the cloze items in relation to her previously calculated reading ability. The student’s library and Lexile bubble will adjust based on this analysis. Because LightSail wants to ensure that students' Lexile growth is measured regularly, cloze assessments cannot be turned off.
Articles in this section
- How do I access my School Folder?
- Can I access LightSail on a web browser?
- What is a Lexile?
- What is the Power Challenge?
- Can I turn off clozes?
- Why doesn't my student have an updated Lexile score?
- How do I read my data report?
- Why do my student's minutes not match the Weekly Data Report?
- Why is my student showing up in an old class in the Weekly Data Report?
- Why are my students' minutes not updating over the weekend?